Pages

Monday, July 9, 2012

Weekly Music Update

As the summer drags on, (notice how I didn't mention the temperature... We all know it is hot. Stop complaining.), I have turned to this blog to pass the hours. Now that my position on staff of the prestigious Green & Gold has been revoked, I have to spout my non-sensical opinions elsewhere and this is just the place. Honestly, I'm not even sure if people read this blog and honestly, I don't care. That may be a poor attitude if I ever want this thing to succeed, but, as of right now, this blog is simply a source of entertainment for ME. But hey, if my typo filled posts entertain you, then so be it, I would love for you to read it and maybe even tell your friends. (Chances are that if you read this, you are struggling on the friend front...Sorry.) I have decided to add a little regularity to this site which has never experienced such a phenomenon. I shall call it the "Weekly Music Update". I like to think that I have an eclectic taste in music. One that could be appreciated if shared with the world, but also one that people might find repulsive. Everything that is appreciated in life has haters and like a wise man once said, "Haters gon' Hate". So, without further ado, I shall introduce bands to you, my loyal readers, in hopes that you will appreciate/hate them and make Mitchell, Bradlyn (intentional misspelling), and myself world famous... Enjoy... or not...

This week's band heralds from the great city of Nashvegas, i.e. Nashville. A city that isn't JUST for lonesome cowboys looking to make it big anymore. In today's underground techno-pop-alternative world, names like MGMT and Passion Pit have emerged from the dust and created a market for this catchy yet subdued music. I say subdued meaning in comparison to this DubStep thing. One band that looks to follow in the aforementioned bands footsteps, yet deviate into their own sound is Cherub. According to my friend Erik, Cherub is already being blasted in bars around college towns such as Athens, GA, and this suits their band well. Cherub has a distinct sort of alt-techno club banger sound that features the sweet falsetto of Jordan Kelley and funky guitar/keyboard of Jason Huber in a perfect combination that is most effective when played at full volume. Cherub released their first studio album, "Mom & Dad", in February of 2012. Most popularly, the song "Doses & Mimosas" has been the "single" for their album. It captures their pretentious, "I don't care what you think" attitude, which suits them well. The album makes a great soundtrack for a late night of debauchery which is what will make them successful.



My Favorite Off The Album:
Dear Body

Song Most Likely To Become Famous:
Doses & Mimosas

Worst Song:
What I Want

http://cherublamusica.com/

Have a band I should listen to? Post a comment. I might check it out...I also might not...

-G$

No comments: