Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2012

The First Step Around the Forum



A little over five years ago, I was a new student at a new school. A tad awkward to say the least, I was positive I would have to overcome my lactose intolerant outbursts and personality flaws in order to find a posse gang crew. Fortunately, I was wrong.  

Turns out that The Matador, Husky Yeast Cashew McGee, and yours truly found a plethora of common interests and our conversations covered an unusual variety of topics. And over the years, our common interests have expanded.

We have talked about sports. We've discussed television shows. We have even discussed culinary creations and challenges, board game strategies, and music ranging from hardcore hip-hop to melodious recorder performances. 

However, as high school seniors, we are realizing that the conclusion of our time together is rapidly approaching. In what is all but guaranteed to be our final semester together, we decided to take our conversations, beliefs, and opinions to the next level. And that, my friends, is why Around the Forum was created.  

Instead of doing our homework In our spare time, the AtF bloggers will share our obscure opinions, discuss any sport from college basketball to European soccer, and feature products, albums, and movies.  But I can assure you that there will also be quite a few off-topic, completely unexpected posts as well. Simply put, we will write about whatever we want to write about. 

Around the Forum's launch has been highly anticipated.  We've been receiving non-stop tweets from our followers (follow us at @AroundtheForum on Twitter) and even received some snail mail from our older fans like the Bald Wisconsinite and Chet McDougal. We were even contacted by Fergie's Band Taboo's Crew the Black Eyed Peas!!!  Turns out, they decided to write a song and make a music video specifically for AtF's launch. 

We hope you enjoy what you will find on Around the Forum. And if you don't, we understand that such an unusual compilation of topics will not please every reader. 

By now, I'm certain you want me to stop rambling. You probably got distracted when I said Black Eyed Peas. So here's that music video I was talking about.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

is this comic sans font I see? Didn't realize Dan Gilbert was an aspiring journalist as well as a fathead maniac nba owner